Jobs & INTERNSHIPS
Current jobs (click the link to be redirected)
- SOLAS seeks to appoint an International Project Officer based in Xiamen, China. Evaluation of applications will begin on 5 August 2023, but the position will remain open until filled.
- The Ocean Foundation have an incredible opportunity for a Local Coordinator to make a positive impact in the Federated States of Micronesia. This is a chance to be part of a meaningful initiative that will help protect our precious ocean and marine life. If you have the skills and dedication to contribute to this important cause, don’t miss this opportunity to make a difference!
- Our partners at Oceanus Conservation have just announced a new opportunity for Filipinos to become part of their dedicated team. If you’re passionate about the oceans and committed to preserving their beauty and biodiversity, they want to hear from you! Please note that this recruitment is for local applicants only.
- Oceana is looking for a policy advisor passionate about ocean conservation to work for the sustainable fisheries campaign in Europe. The position is based in Oceana’s Brussels office in Belgium, although travel will be occasionally required in Europe. Under the supervision of the Campaign Director, the Policy Advisor will ensure Oceana’s sustainable fisheries campaign is aligned to Oceana’s strategy for conservation of the marine environment in Europe. The Policy Advisor will contribute to design and implement advocacy campaigns on fisheries management delivering results. This last will require to conduct advocacy work in the EU institutions and EU Member States liaising with policy makers and key stakeholders.
- The Algarve Centre for Marine Science (CCMAR) is looking to hire a Project Manager to fulfil the contractual activities within the project ALG-05-3559-FSE-000020 – Contratação de Recursos Humanos Altamente Qualificados (PME ou CoLAB) funded by European Social Fund (FSE) of the European Union, through CRESC ALGARVE 2020 do Portugal 2020 and Aquaserv project Number 101131121 HORIZON-RIA funded by the European Commission. 24 September.
- Blue Ventures are recruiting for an experienced leader, strategist, and change agent to direct Blue Ventures’ exciting new programme in West Africa (based in Dakar, Senegal). This pivotal leadership position is responsible for ensuring Blue Ventures capitalises on its recent entry in the region, and delivers impact at scale for coastal communities and the ocean across the West Africa region. As the Regional Director, you will be responsible for providing leadership, guidance, and coaching to a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team that focuses on building and maintaining partnerships with communities, government, and other sector leaders – today in Senegal, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, and Cabo Verde, with a strong aspiration for expansion across the wider region in the coming 2-3 years. You will work closely with a diverse group of highly motivated, high-performing colleagues to drive our mission and help transform community-led conservation in the region. 24 September.
- University of Exeter‘s Faculty of Environment, Science and Economy wishes to recruit a Postdoctoral Research Associate using ecosystem modelling to explore responses of phytoplankton to climate forcing. 24 September.
- Are you a seasoned researcher in marine ecology looking to push the boundaries of interdisciplinary research in biodiversity and ecosystem services? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Department of Biology. We are seeking an enthusiastic postdoc to join us for a two-year stint on an impactful project focused on Marine Protected Areas (MPAs). 30 September.
- The Arizona State University Center for Global Discovery and Conservation Science (GDCS) is an enterprising organization that leads the multi-agency ʻĀkoʻakoʻa Ridge to Reef Restoration Program on Hawaiʻi Island, focused on improving coral reef outcomes and community participation along the 190 km stretch of coastline. Our Center seeks a highly competent, collaborative, and confident self-starter with a growth- mindset to serve as the Community Education Coordinator, who will be responsible for implementing the ʻĀkoʻakoʻa Education Program Strategy in partnership with the Principal Investigator and partners, and implementing strategic goal-setting for a new Education team. The position will remain open until filled.
- The National Wildlife Federation are currently seeking a Communications Fellow who will work across many different areas of conservation, advocacy, education, and community engagement to support the Climate Equity Collaborative and NWF’s Education & Engagement team. The Communications Fellow reports to the Manager of Career Development Programs for the National Education and Engagement program and will also work collaboratively with national and regional Education program staff. You will have significant opportunities for professional development and growth. Applications on a rolling basis.
- The Marine Mammal Center in Hawaii are recruiting for a Response Dispatcher to support the Hawaiian monk seal sighting hotline by effectively communicating with our volunteers and the general public regarding distressed marine mammals. They support and educate callers, evaluate the needs of the animal, provide detailed documentation of the exchange, and coordinate volunteers for response. They promptly enter Hawaiian monk seal sightings into partner databases. When needed, they assist with projects or other programs within our Hawaiian Monk Seal Conservation program.
- Ocean Risk and Resilience Action Alliance are looking for a Communications Director; an individual seeking a new and exciting challenge and to build further on a successful career in communications. A wide variety of activities are necessary to keep communications running smoothly, upholding and enhancing the Alliance’s image and reputation with a wide range of stakeholders among the Alliance’s members and beyond. This is a great opportunity to leverage communications to accelerate ORRAA’s mission, as well as developing and enhancing the Alliance’s communications capabilities as the organisation continues to evolve. Applications opened 22 August, no current deadline.
- The Nature Conservancy is recruiting for a Coral Conservation Project Coordinator (CCPC) who will operate from our Coral Innovation Hub located on St. Croix, US Virgin Islands. The CCPC will provide administrative and project management support for ongoing coral restoration efforts around St. Croix, including one of the world’s largest coral reef restoration projects across a 150-acre site within a marine protected area.
Current opportunities (click the link to be redirected)
- Check out Blue Marine Foundation‘s new tool: the Blue Marine Berwickshire Ocean Observatory, an online resource combining high-resolution underwater footage with free, downloadable learning materials, all related to the Berwickshire Marine Protected Area. The aim of this project is to showcase Scotland’s underwater world in an engaging and tangible way, encouraging further learning and inspiring ocean action. Blue Marine would love to hear your feedback too, so take a look around the site and then fill in this form with your thoughts.
Register now for the next International Ocean Institute – Ocean Academy online courses organised in Urdu and English, Portuguese, Spanish and Hindi Language by partners in Pakistan, Portugal, Costa Rica and Singapore.
Check out the upcoming CPD webinar on Deep Seabed Mining, which currently presents a complex spectrum of opportunities and immense challenges that demand thoughtful examination.
IOI Alumni Continuous Professional Development Webinar Series: Venturing into the abyss: Deep seabed mining on 28 September 2023 @ 15:00 CEST.
Plus, registration is now open for the German Monsoon School Training: “Generating impact in complex coastal and marine contexts CO-design and development of transdisciplinary research projects in a Global North/South perspective” (online) 1 – 10 November 2023.
The Kelp Forest Foundation is excited to announce its latest scholarship opportunities for three highly motivated and promising Namibian students. This initiative is aimed at supporting their pursuit of Master of Science (MSc) degrees at the prestigious University of Namibia. The MSc’s will research three different topics relating to the role of cultivated giant kelp forests (see flyers below) in relation to:
– Localised buffering of ocean acidification & oxygenation
– Sessile marine species attracted to the farm structure
– Spawning and nursery processes
Visit this linked in post to see more details 30 September 2023.
The CoastPredict Programme has launched a groundbreaking experiment to redefine the future of coastal resilience by harnessing collective efforts to turn the vision of a more resilient coastal environment into reality by the end of the #OceanDecade.
To achieve this ambitious goal, CoastPredict is looking to engage partners and projects across the world Everyone can propose a GlobalCoast Pilot Site, by completing the GlobalCoast Survey.
Interested in engaging with this community? Find out more about the GlobalCoast Experiment 4 October 2023.
The Donors’ Initiative for Mediterranean Freshwater Ecosystems (DIMFE) launches its 3rd call for projects, on the following themes:
Conservation and restoration of freshwater ecosystems and biodiversity
Sustainable use and management of water resources
The development and implementation of sustainable financing mechanisms for freshwater ecosystem conservation and sustainable water use. Apply here before 15 October 2023.
Attention Early Career Ocean Professionals!
The Ocean Visions – UN Ocean Decade Collaborative Center for Ocean-Climate Solutions (OV-UN DCC) is seeking ECOPs to lead the organization and delivery of a webinar as part of our Ocean-Climate Solutions Innovation Exchange webinar series, managed by Program Officer Liliana Bastian.
Participation provides opportunities to build skills in multisector outreach and partnerships, subject matter expertise, and online event coordination and delivery. Interested? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Share Your Opportunities with Us!
Fill out the form and share the exciting opportunities from your organization with ECOPs: